What is spaced repetition?
This short video does a good job of explaining it:
How does Recall work?
Recall shows you flashcards less often when you get them right, and more often when you get them wrong.
Every time you get a card right, you’ll see it exponentially less often (first two days later, then four, eight, sixteen, etc.), and if you get it wrong, it’ll be in tomorrow’s review.
How do I start?
- Recall is available on the App Store here.
- Add a deck by tapping the picture of two cards stacked on top of each other and then the plus icon.
- Type in a name for your first deck.
- Save the deck, then press the back button twice until you’re back at the home screen.
- Tap the "+" button at the top of the screen to add a new card.
- The text field that says "Front side" is where you put the question of your flashcard. For example: "What is the capital city of Australia?".
- The text field that says "back side" is where you put the answer of your flashcard. For example: "Canberra".
- You can also add an image to the front or back of the card by tapping the "+" button and selecting an image from your photo library.
- Tap the "Save" button.
- You have now added a deck and added a card to that deck. If you want to practice your cards, you tap the play button at the top of the home screen.
Can I download the app on Android?
Unfortunately Recall is not available on Android. It is, however available on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices, so long as they run iOS 13.0 or later. To download it, tap this link on your compatible device.
How do I export a deck?
To export a deck, tap the deck icon from the home screen, tap on the deck you want to export, then tap on the share button at (It looks like a box with an arrow pointing out of it). Then you can choose where you want to save the file. Decks are exported in CSV format.
How do I cards?
To import cards you need first to have a file of cards, which is a CSV format (cards exported from the app will already be in the correct format) on your device, saved to an app such as the default Files app. In Recall, you then navigate to the settings page by tapping the gear icon, scroll down to the “Import cards” item and tap it. You will then select which deck to save the files to, then tap "Add Cards", find that file, tap it, and it will be added to your selected deck. Note that if the cards have images attached to them, it may take a while to import.
What does Recall Premium do?
Recall premium allows you to:
- Add more decks
- Choose between different themes
- Choose between more fonts
Still have questions?
Contact me here.